Patient complaint policy at Riverside Dental Practice, Stirling
At Riverside Dental Practice, we do everything we can to ensure you are completely satisfied with your dental treatment and the customer service you receive. If for any reason you are unhappy with your experience with us, we have a full patient complaint policy in place. This allows us to resolve issues responsibly, professionally and promptly.
How we handle complaints
In this practice, we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, we will deal with the issue courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We learn from every mistake that we make and aim to respond to your concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1) The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Mr. N. S. Allan.
2) We will listen to your complaint and refer you to Mr. N. S. Allan.
If Mr. N. S. Allan is not available at the time, then we will make suitable arrangements for this to happen. A member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if you do not want to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with the issue.
3) If your complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist who provided the treatment, unless you do not want this to happen.
4) If your complaint is in writing, we will acknowledge receipt and enclose a copy of our code of practice as soon as possible; normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received, to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and the likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
5) We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to you immediately after completing our investigation.
6) Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
7) If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then the complaint may be forwarded to:
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
4 Melville Street
0800 377 7330
Contact us for more information.